If you were upset by the results of the U.S. presidential election, maybe you will be interested in the Nation of Pacifica.
You can copy and paste the HTML from view source and put this song on your web page.
You can contact independent and college radio stations and ask them to play this song.
11 steps to defeat Bush in 2004
1. Be Confident Your Vote is Counted. Next November, for the first time in American history, many states plan on using no paper ballots. Electronic voting machines, which have many potential flaws, will be depended on. The owner of Diebold (the largest maker of voting machines) promised that he would do everything in his power to get Bush elected. The potential problems that could result would make Florida 2000 look like a walk in the park. We can stop the potential problems by having a paper record kept. Sign the petition at www.VerifiedVoting.org and learn more about the problem. Contact your Senators and Congressman (especially the Republicans!) in every single one of these ways: phone calls, letters, e-mails, faxes, and by visiting their local state offices. Ask them to support the voter confidence bill HR 2239 introduced by Congressman Rush Holt (D) of New Jersey and bill S.1980 introduced by Senator Bob Graham. Go even further by contacting your local newspaper, TV, and radio stations about the problem. This is the most urgent of all current actions. The best defense against voting machine tampering (and any terrorist alerts on election day) is early use of absentee ballots. Request and vote by absentee ballot.
2. Choose Your Actions. Think and reflect upon what actions you are interested in taking. For more information regarding what actions are available read activist and campaign handbooks. Consider every single action you hope to take and begin preparing through self-education. Some of the most effective actions in 2004 will be: Registering Voters, Canvassing Neighborhoods, Fundraising, Educating the Public, and Influencing the Media. Sign up for the mailing list at StopBushin2004.com to learn of the numerous actions that will be available.
3. Choose Your STATE of Action. We must emphasize the importance of taking action in Swing States and take action in them. If you live in one of the following swing states, you will likely focus all of your efforts on your state.
4. Educate Yourself. Keep up on the current political scene and Bushs Record. Subscribe to the following email lists: WashingtonPost.com daily politics, www.AmericanProgress.org and Democrats.com daily newsletter. Bookmark Democrats.org, Legitgov.org, and ThousandReasons.org and utilize their excellent sections on Bushs Record: Emphasize the following issues: Homeland Security, War in Iraq, Health Care, Social Security, Employment and the Economy, Military Treatment.
5. Join a Group or Organization. By Join, I do not mean sign up for an e-mail list or give money. I mean using your physical self to attend meetings, provide input, listen to others, work with others, and participate with actions designed to defeat Bush. Get involved with a John Kerry Campaign or special interest group (local Sierra Club, NOW, Democrats, NAACP, etc.) near your hometown. If youd like, form a group utilizing resources in your local newspaper and phone book, the Internet, and libraries. We cannot act alone if we are to be successful. Organize, participate, and work with others.
6. Donate Money. Money is going to be a huge factor in 2004. Each of us must do our part no matter how small. All of our donations of $10, $25, $50, $100, or more add up to give us, the people of America, power and a voice. Start donating money now and be prepared to donate more during the campaign. BushRecall.org and AmericaComingTogether.com are two organizations that need your help and are exclusively devoted to Defeating Bush this year.
7. Support Alternative Media. Send a signal to the corporate media giants that theyre not doing their job good enough. Moreover, youll receive more diverse viewpoints and get the stories not usually mentioned on T.V. For magazines read The Nation, In These Times, The Progressive, Zmag, and Mother Jones. For news websites visit Truthout.org, CommonDreams.org, Buzzflash.com, Alternet.org, and Indymedia.org. For radio and web casts, visit WebActive.com, Meria.net, ieamericaradio.com, NewDimensions.org and Alternativeradio.org.If you can, donate money to the media source. As for news on T.V., I would only watch it for comedic purposes, since nearly every broadcast is joke. The owners of ABC, CBS, Fox, and NBC are all large donors and supporters of Bush.
8. Boycott Bush Donors. Why should we support companies that are helping Bush get elected? Are we crazy? Not anymore. We do have a choice, so lets make it. Put your money where your mind and heart are and boycott companies who favor Bush by donating a disproportionate amount of campaign money to Republicans. Oil Companies include: Exxon-Mobil, Chevron-Texaco, and BP-Amoco. Buy gas from Shell or a local facility. Phone companies include Verizon, BellSouth, Sprint and MCI. AT&T. Tech companies include Ebay, Gateway, and Texas Instruments. Everyday companies include Wal-Mart, Coca Cola products, Pepsi products, Anheuser-Busch products, Hallmark Cards, and Tyson Foods. Transportation companies include Ford, Chrysler, UPS, Fed Ex, Delta, Continental, Southwest, and Enterprise. Safe companies are GM, USPS, American, United, and Northwest. Few financial institutions are safe. Put your money in a local bank and credit union. Go a step further and write/call/fax the companies about your intentions to boycott and explain why. There are many more companies that favor Bush. Visit www.OpenSecrets.org to learn more.
9. Spread the Word. Tell as many friends, acquaintances, family members, and co-workers why youre taking action to defeat Bush. Appeal to their self-interest by talking about the issues they care about. Discuss Bushs record on the issues and give them handouts, books, magazines, articles, etc. that explain Bushs record. Emphasize not only the importance of taking action, but how taking action can be fun and does make a difference. If you reach them, give them a copy of this list and take action together. Its much more fun working with people. Visit www.SeeYaGeorge.com, www.ToppleBush.com, www.ButtonShack.com, www.RedefeatBush.com, and www.DemocracyMeansYou.com
10. Use music. Place a copy of this song or a link ( http://www.ThisSideofSanity.com/boneyard.html ) to this song on your web page. You can view the source to copy the HTML for posting this song on your web site. Contact your local independent and college radio stations and ask them to play Bone Yard Parade. The MP3 is near-CD quality, so you can download it, burn it to a CD-R, and provide a broadcast quality copy of the song for your local radio stations. If you are a musician, record your own songs. You can e-mail MIlo with song title, artist name, and URL of MP3 to add your song to the list.
11. Make Copies of this List!This is NOT copyrighted; it can be reproduced in any way without the authors consent. Post this list, legally, where people will be able to read it. Make copies and hand them out. Put the public on notice: You are not alone; Tens of Millions of Americans want Bush out. We can defeat him and must. With all of us, including you, taking action, we will succeed. Perhaps then common sense will return to the Whitehouse.
Musical selection is Bone Yard Parade, This Side of Sanity, © 2003 Milo, Misha, James.
Please be patient it can take 20-55 minutes to download this song on 28.8k dial-up. We have provided the highest quality MP3 possible (192 bit stereo near CD quality).
Posted on 8.12.03 @ 7:52am
From an Anonymous Fan, who gave a rating of 4
Strong F******* pipes!!! I think Audioslave could share a stage with This Side of Sanity. Great lyrics as well!! I want to hear more.
A hot wind is blowing
Lessons we dont learn
Oceans of hatred
rankles the womb of our humanity
eyes full of fear
herein the red tide is drowning you
warm tears are falling
pray to the peace sign
therell be no hatred
rankles the womb of our humanity
eyes wide and clear
and the red tide will roll in blue
C Major 7 - e minor 7 - a minor 7 - d minor 7 - G dominant 7 - C Major E dom 7 - E dom 7 - a minor 7 - D dom 7 - G dom 7 - a minor 7 E dom 7 - c# full diminished 7 - d minor 7 - b half diminished 7 - G dom 7 - a minor 7 F Major 7 - g# full dim 7 - A dom 7 - a sus - G dom 7 - C Major
F Major 7 - g# full dim 7 - A dom 7 - a sus F Major 7 - g# full dim 7 - A dom 7 - a sus F Major 7 - g# full dim 7 - A dom 7 - a sus - G dom 7 - C Major
guitar repairs by John Toner
If you have QuickTime Pro, you can select to save the MP3 from the pop up menu.
You may be able to directly download the MP3 through this link: download now. If the browser reports that it doesnt know the MIME type, go ahead and download it you will get the full MP3. If the browser brings up QuickTime, then try the next step.
As a final method, we have instructed your browser to keep a copy of the MP3 in its cache. That copy will be there only as long as this web page is loaded. Wait until the full song has downloaded to your browser, then go into the browser cache and search for the song (on a Macintosh, the browser cache will be located in the System Folder --> Preferences --> Netscape Users --> your user name --> Cache ). This will only work for Netscape Communicator or Navigator; Microsoft Internet Explorer uses a proprietary anti-social cache that doesnt allow direct user access) The song will be listed under a strange name (something like cache416991.mp3) locate it by searching for something with an MP3 file extension. Now, copy (not move) the file from the cache to the desktop (soon after you close this web page, the copy in the cache will be removed) and rename it something meaningful like torch.mp3.
music | poetry | art | Goddess stories | essays | politics | humor | Dianic Witchcraft
return to home page